Tuesday 28 July 2015

Looking after Molly

Molly has been poorly again this week, especially so at the weekend. I was scared :( I'm usually very independent but have been keeping a closer eye on Molly than usual because I knew something was wrong.

 This was me chilling out on her bedroom floor

And right under her bed!

Relaxing on her bed

Letting Molly tickle my tummy. What isn't apparent from this photo is that just minutes before I was pouncing on & trying to chew the remote control!

Sleeping on her feet

 And using a big cushion on her bedroom floor as my own personal pillow

Molly's family have also very kindly put a fluffy mat down on the bathroom floor so I can have a lie-down in there when Molly uses the toilet! Previously I'd just stick my head round the door to see where she was (& before you ask why she doesn't shut the door, that's because if she does I scratch at it to try to get in!) but now I actually go right in & get comfy! Molly said she has no privacy, hehe!

Neighbours have been walking me a bit this week because Molly hasn't been well enough. Their last dog wasn't very sociable so they enjoy walking a dog like me who likes other dogs! Molly's dad has also been walking me & I had great fun the other day when I met a greyhound on a walk with him! She was faster than me but we really enjoyed chasing each other round the playing fields. She'd come up behind me & bowl me over, hehe! I also met a very grumpy puppy who growled at me! His owner said he'd bitten another dog recently so Molly said I won't be allowed to interact with him again because she doesn't want me getting hurt.

Yesterday evening Molly was able to accompany me & her dad on a walk for the first time in nearly a week. There were no other dogs in the woods so I was allowed off lead! Most of the time my recall was great but I did ignore Molly on a couple of occassions!


Molly finds my lack of co-ordination very funny. I don't! On the walk in the woods I bravely ventured down the bank of a stream to have a drink. And I got stuck! The bank was too steep for me to shuffle back up backwards (I did try!) & there was no space for me to turn round without falling in (& there was no way I was going to get wet!). Molly's dad was just about to rescue me when I eventually managed to get out on my own. Phew!

Talking of being un-coordinated, we did some training last night on Molly's bed. For some reason I would move backwards a little bit before lying down. This was fine until I was close to the bottom of the bed & didn't realise! So my shuffle backwards meant I almost fell off the bed. Luckily with some desperate scrabbling I managed to save myself. Molly was just laughing at me!

I really impressed Molly the other day when I recalled away from a friend letting herself in our front door when Molly called me from upstairs. She never thought I'd do that! I like to show Molly how clever I am but if I can't see the point in things I just refuse to do them! I've been taught to "Find [family member's name]" when asked but this week I overheard Molly's younger brother's name in conversation, realised I hadn't yet seen him that morning so started searching for him. Molly & her mum were surprised. And I did the same thing a few days later when Molly said something about her dad to a friend.

Yesterday Molly fed me in the garden to make it more of a challenge for me



I encountered tin foil for the first time the other day. I wasn't scared but it did make me jump when it made a funny noise as I was sniffing at it!

One morning I woke up before Molly so jumped on her in bed & licked her face to try to wake her up. She wouldn't get up so I entertained myself by dragging my bed around the floor before falling asleep again until my friend the postman knocked on the door!

Molly has finally realised that there are a few areas of my body where I really like to be scratched so she's been doing that sometimes which makes me very happy. I'm not so happy though when she tries to pick plant material out of my fur. Humph! Apparently Molly is hoping to take me to the groomer soon for a clip which means things shouldn't get as tangled in my coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment