Wednesday 1 July 2015

Friends & strangers

I was 8.8kg when Molly weighed me at the weekend so my weight is staying pretty constant now I've stopped growing. Some of the websites Molly has looked at say male miniature schnauzers shouldn't be heavier than 8.2kg! I'm not at all fat though, just a bit bigger than the breed standard. I think it's cheeky when people ask Molly if she's sure I'm a miniature schnauzer - I'm nowhere near as big as a standard schnauzer!

On Sunday morning Molly's younger brother fed me because Molly was too poorly to come downstairs. He didn't get up til late so I had to wait for my breakfast. I was really good about it though & didn't make a fuss. He walked me that afternoon. On Monday our neighbour walked me twice & yesterday Molly's parents took me out. I don't mind going for walks with other people but it's not the same as going out with Molly so I hope she's better soon.

On Sunday Molly's older brother & a couple of her friends visited & on Monday one of her friends called round again. I was excited to see all of them & made sure they knew it! The most exciting thing though was when Molly's parents came home in the early hours of Monday morning. I was so pleased to see them, I couldn't contain myself! They were very happy to see me too, apparently they'd missed me.

While Molly was home alone I took my job of guarding her very seriously. On one occasion a neighbour knocked on the front door when Molly was asleep so I made a lot of noise to make sure Molly knew. Apparently she would have stayed in bed but because I was making such a racket she had to get up, oops! At another time a friend of Molly's stopped at the end of the drive to talk to someone so Molly didn't realise she was there but I did so alerted her. I also tried to scare two salesmen off but silly Molly insisted on answering the door to them. I make sure I sound really scary when someone comes to the door but once Molly welcomes them in & I know they're friendly I look for attention from them instead.

When Molly spent a while sat on the floor behind the front door the other day (because she was poorly & wasn't able to get any further into the house after going round to the shop) I lay with her, keeping an eye on both her & the door.


Yesterday Molly was telling her mum how I seem to know when I can jump on her (& lick her face) when she's lying in bed & when she's feeling especially poorly so I shouldn't. Then I went & spoiled that theory (I was bored!) by jumping on Molly when she was asleep in bed & then jumping on her mum who was asleep on the sofa in Molly's bedroom. I did the same thing again a short while later but Molly was awake that time. Her mum wasn't though - or at least she wasn't until I jumped on her & licked her!

I've been causing mischief (as usual) over the last couple of days by stealing socks & slippers when they've been left where I can get at them. I've also been very 'helpful' when Molly's dad was doing odd jobs in the house & garden, such as vacuuming. Molly doubled over with laughter when I play bowed to the vacuum cleaner! Talking of causing mischief, Molly had to cut some matts out of the fur on my tummy yesterday. I made that very difficult for her because I just wanted to chew the scissors!

We've been continuing to make progress on the duration of my "stay" & I can now do it for 15 seconds.

My favourite place to rest/sleep at the moment is on the floor of Molly's parents' bedroom. Here are a few photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment