Sunday 28 June 2015

Walks with neigbours, recall progress & laughs

Due to Molly being poorly this week I've been walked by a couple of neighbours. They both enjoyed walking me & told Molly I was well behaved, but were surprised by how much I pulled, oops! They're not used to walking excitable puppies like me! And Molly's younger brother walked me yesterday. He said I was really good & told Molly that we didn't have any problems at all during the walk.

Molly did manage to take me out for a walk on Wed though. She took me to a little field where she planned to sit on the grass while I ran around to burn off some energy but instead I just sat down with her, hehe!




And here are a couple more photos from our walk

^ I just decided to stop & sit down here. Molly threw some food on the floor
to persuade me to walk a bit but then I promptly sat down again, hehe!

^ Trying to tell Molly I was tired by lying down on a random lawn we passed!

I forgot how to sit at kerbs that day so ran out into the road a few times. Apparently that's very dangerous but luckily the roads were all quiet & Molly soon started locking my lead much shorter as we approached the kerbs. Since then though I've remembered how to sit at kerbs so have impressed the neighbours with how I do that automatically. They thought they'd have to ask me to "sit"!

I really impressed Molly by successfully recalling away from other dogs on a couple of occasions. She couldn't remember me ever doing that before! Birds were another matter though, I just can't resist chasing them!

While we were out I tried to play with a bee & ignored Molly when she asked me to "leave it". Luckily I didn't get stung. When I found a dead fly on the kitchen floor I didn't know what to do with it. I tried hitting it with my paw a few times & then then it disappeared. Molly laughed at me looking for it, then I found it under my paw!

Molly got my special tug of war rope out for the first time in a while but I still remembered it & got very excited. We had a really good game but had to stop because I got overexcited & might have accidentally hurt Molly if we'd continued.

One afternoon a delivery man brought the weekly supermarket order. As usual I was shut behind the stair gates to stop me running out of the front door, so I made a lot of noise in protest. This week's delivery man told Molly he owned a schnauzer! But not a miniature one like me, it was a standard or giant, Molly can't remember which.

Me & Molly had to miss our last training class on Wednesday evening because Molly wasn't well. She hopes we'll be able to resume them in the future when her health is a bit more stable.

We've been doing lots of work on "stay" in the house & garden & now I can do it at a good distance we're working on slowly building up the duration. Most of the time I'm very good at it but sometimes I'm too bouncy & run to get my reward from Molly before she lets me out of the "stay". When that happens she won't give me the food & we have to start again. Humph!

Yesterday we did some simpler training so Molly could just sit on the floor & do it with me. I didn't mind though because it made it easier for me to earn the food! We practised "sit", "down" & "find it" & Molly encouraged me to go under & over her legs to get food. I did amuse her when she discovered I was happy to go under her bent legs in one direction to get the food but wouldn't do it in the other direction, I just went over instead!

The other day Molly tried to give me my worming tablets. I ate the first one & part of the second one but then decided I didn't like them so spat the last half out. I did eventually eat it though when Molly covered it in liver paste, yum yum! Molly is glad I only have to have them every 3 months, I'm much better at taking my monthly flea tablets.

I've been spending a lot of time in the garden recently because there's so much to explore & play with out there. On one occasion I spotted a pigeon on the roof of the greenhouse that I wanted to play with. I knew there was no way I could reach it but I still bounced up & down underneath it. Molly laughed, I'm good at making her laugh. I've also made her laugh a few times over the last couple of days by licking her toes when she's lying in bed!

Yesterday morning Molly's younger brother found one of her socks that had got in with his clothing by mistake. He gave it to me to give to Molly. What a silly idea, of course I didn't want to give it up!

Molly & her younger brother play a good game with me sometimes called "Where's...?" I understand both of their names so they use this to send me between them. For example, if I'm with Molly's younger brother he'll say "Where's Molly?" & I know that means I should go to her. I don't just amble between them though, I run to them at full speed, launch myself at them & then lick their faces in my excitement! It's good fun!

I'm usually quite independent but yesterday I was even more aloof than usual because of the heat. Molly spent most of the day in bed but it was been far too hot to cuddle & too hot in her bedroom for me to even comfortably lie on the floor so instead I spent most of the time downstairs or in the garden where it was been cooler. Molly set up a fan in her room in the afternoon so that helped a bit (although I'd prefer it if it didn't squeak!) & meant I was able doze on her floor.

Here's a photo of me looking cute (& scruffy!) one night.


And that morning I chose to sleep in the bathroom doorway!

No comments:

Post a Comment