Tuesday 25 August 2015

New collars & a bad beard day

I think we mentioned a few weeks ago that Molly ordered me some new collars. She chose the ribbons & then Andrea from Laizy Daisy Collars on Facebook made the collars for me. They arrived in the post on Saturday & we're both really pleased with them. Here's the professional photo that Andrea shared on her Facebook page.


I've only worn the Nightmare Before Christmas collar so far. Molly keeps trying to photograph me with it on but because I'm so scruffy at the moment if I look at the camera (like I like to do) then you can't see my collar at all!




Molly found it quite a challenge to take photos when I wasn't looking, but she got a few. There were more but Molly realised that her mum had put my collar on upside down this morning (hehe, what a silly thing to do!) so she decided not to share any of those photos. But here are the ones where my collar was the right way up.






We'll share some photos of me wearing my button collar in a future blog post.

Molly has continued to persist with grooming me & has managed to get a few of the big matts out. There are still lots to go but I'm getting used to being groomed so am already relaxing more, although I still like to chew the brush! Today Molly didn't hide the brush as she approached me & I didn't run away - that's progress!

Molly has been at home on her own for much of today as everyone else has been out at work. So I've been taking my guarding duties much more seriously & have barked a lot to warn her when anyone has walked past & sometimes for no obvious reason at all!

As you know I'm not a cuddly dog but I did enjoy some nice cuddles with Molly on the living room floor last night. One eve she tried to play rough with me like her dad & younger brother do but she was rubbish!

On a few occassions over the last week Molly & her mum have watched TV together downstairs. They don't do that very often. I get jealous when the TV gets more attention than I do so I make a nuisance of myself. I don't bother Molly but I like to jump all over her Mum, pull her hair clipper out & chew her hair... Hehe!

I've had one little walk with Molly since my last blog update. We just walked to the small field at the end of the road where I run around between Molly & her mum to get some exercise & practise my recall. But I wasn't very good at recall that day, I'd just sit on the grass & look at whoever had called me! It did tire me out though.


I had an early walk this morning with Molly's mum before she went to work. Most of my walks though are with Molly's dad. I had a run in with another dog in the woods one day last week. Molly's dad said he had no idea why I had a problem with this other dog but Molly suspects it was at least partly due to me being on lead while the other dog approached me off lead.

I had the most amazing walk at the local reservoir a few evenings ago. Molly's dad let me off lead because there were no other dogs around for me to abscond with so I had great fun chasing rabbits & geese! I didn't manage to catch any though.

I got frustrated when Molly's dad wouldn't let me help him clean out the chickens so threw myself at the fence & barked & barked.

I did help Molly's mum though when she was cleaning her bedroom floor. She was using a brush to get all the hair (mine & hers) up from the carpet so I aided her by trying to eat the hair she'd picked up when she dropped it! Molly insisted on removing it from my mouth though, humph!

I'm usually food obsessed but this hot weather means I've been less hungry than usual & have skipped breakfast on a couple of days. Molly was a bit worried until she realised it was linked to the heat.

I also gave Molly a fright one night when she woke up to a loud bang. She thinks I fell off the sofa in my sleep! I wasn't hurt & wondered what all the fuss was about!

Molly said I had a bad beard day today.




It was because I slept like this!


While Molly has been typing this on my behalf I've been trying to play with Lion in her lap. Apparently this isn't very helpful


No comments:

Post a Comment