Monday 31 August 2015

Silliness & bed

I'm eating better now but was consistently leaving a bit at the end of each meal so Molly has cut my food down slightly & we'll see how that goes. I weighed 9.5kg last time she checked.

Talking of food, I was being my usual excitable self one eve when everyone was trying to watch TV so they tried to distract me with a pizzle. Yum yum!

I seem to think that each time Molly's mum sits down on a chair or sofa in the living room, that she's there solely to play with me, hehe! I made her plan to finish reading her book quite challenging the other day!

Molly sometimes lies on the floor to play with me so I had great fun chewing her hair last time she did that. She said I'm a silly dog! I also insist on washing her legs with my tongue when she gets out the shower.

One evening we had 4 different guests call round within a short period of time. I used all my enthusiasm up greeting the first two though so was exhausted & very calm for the latter two! One of them was surprised to hear that I was a puppy because I was so chilled out! Molly pointed out that I'm rarely like that! Molly's older brother was one of those guests & he also came round for lunch today. I think he's going to come back later, yay!

Molly rediscovered a draw back of my dog flap when I came in from the muddy garden, ran upstairs & jumped on her bed to say "hello". Apparently the muddy paw prints that magically appeared on her bedding were my fault!

I also caused mischief by shredding a picture that a child made for Molly's mum - how could I resist feathers & sellotape when it fell on the floor?! I was found out when I was spotted prancing round the garden with sellotape stuck to my legs, hehe! I also took a slipper belonging to Molly's dad up the garden to play with & "helped" Molly's mum with her gardening.


Molly's dad & I have a new favourite walk. I think we mentioned going to a local reservoir to chase rabbits in a previous post. Well, we go there quite a lot now & I love it. I get to chase rabbits, geese & swans (yes, I'm that brave!) & sometimes play with other dogs too.

Molly's dad made me a flirt pole (Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about) which looks really promising, we just need to work out how best to keep a toy on the end of the bungee cord because the first time we tried it I had great fun until Skunk came off.

I kept a close eye on Molly one day when she was particularly unwell. Luckily she was in the living room so I was happy to stick around. She spends most of the time in bed & I'm not so keen on being in her bedroom.

Talking of beds & bedrooms - apparently this isn't my bed!








As you can probably see from the photos above, I'm very scruffy & really need a hair cut! My grooming appt is getting closer but we think something might need to be done about my eyebrows in the meantime so I can see! Molly & her dad are still also working on trying to get rid of some of my tangles but they said my tummy might need shaving. Molly feels guilty that I've got so matted but I get knotted really easily, she hasn't got the energy to groom me as much as required & when she tries to do it I wriggle around, don't cooperate & just make it really hard for her. She's going to ask the groomer's advice on how best to have me clipped because she wants me to be recognisable as a schnauzer but would like my coat to be a bit easier to maintain if possible.

And finally, Molly finds it funny when my ears stick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment