Thursday 24 September 2015

Bed & liver cake

Me & Molly have had a few disagreements over who's bed this is. Sometimes we share it:






Sometimes I insist on sleeping on it in such a way that there's no room for her:




And sometimes she wants it all to herself. Humph! Molly would like you to know that she kicked me out one morning because it was 4.30am & I jumped onto the bed, waking her up, lay on her arm, wriggled about a lot as I attempted to clean myself & then when I finally fell asleep apparently I was vibrating so much it was stopping her getting back to sleep! She's been pleasantly surprised by how cuddly I've become over the last couple of weeks & loved the fact I spent most of last night in her bed (but I was less wriggly that time).

For ages now Molly has been trying to teach me the commands "up" & "off" (furniture). I'm still very hit & miss with "up" & don't understand the word "off" at all unless Molly also uses a hand signal. Or at least that's what she thought... When she had a bit of energy & some high value treats she got the clicker out & hoped we'd be able to make some progress with those 2 commands. As soon as I saw that Molly had got liver cake I demonstrated that I know exactly what "up" & "off" mean & got them right about 90% of the time in that training session. I've actually understood them for quite a while but didn't think it was worth my while responding to them - until I saw liver cake! Hehe! Molly tried me again with the commmands later when she just had kibble rather than liver cake & I still responded so she thinks we've cracked it now.

After I ate some chicken poo in the garden Molly wouldn't let me lick her face. I didn't understand why she didn't want kisses.

One afternoon Molly came out on a walk with me & her mum!


She had to use her wheelchair for most it but that didn't faze me & I did a very good "stay close" for the first time with the wheelchair when Molly wanted to distract me as we passed some birds.

In the living room there's a cushion with a pug on it. I don't care about the pug but I have a bit of a thing with cushions. Sometimes I completely ignore it but sometimes I think it's my job to try to kill it. Molly thinks this is very funny but I take it seriously. I tired myself out so much trying to kill it one evening that I ended up asleep on it!

Before everyone else sat down to eat tea another evening Molly took the cushion off me & put it on top of a cabinet. She purposely pushed it to the back so I couldn't reach it, or so she thought... Later she spotted the cushion on the floor & claw marks on the top of the cabinet where I'd stretched up to get it, whoops. And over the weekend I helped myself to a wrap that Molly's younger brother left slightly overhanging the edge of the kitchen cabinet. I thought it was for me!

Over the last few weeks I've had great fun tearing up post so Molly & her mum come up with a temporary solution until they can get something more permanent organised. They've put a folding stool with a plastic box on top of it underneath the letterbox, so that catches the post. They did that just in time because since then some theatre tickets & an important benefits form have come in the post. I haven't tried to get at the post in the box yet but today Molly spotted me standing up & looking in there after she took the letters out.

When I'm left alone now the bathroom door is shut so I can't get at the toilet roll. They like to spoil my fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment