Wednesday 21 October 2015

Having fun & plenty of cuddles

Sorry it's been a while since we last updated. This is going to be another bullet pointed post, I hope you don't mind.

- Molly hasn't had chance to go out with me again but hopes she soon have the energy to start teaching me to walk nicely with the scooter. I always pull on the lead & although it's just about manageable if the person who's walking me is on foot, it's a bit more problematic if Molly is on her scooter. So she says we need to work on that.
- When Molly went out once on her scooter without me I waited really well while she put a temporary ramp up to get it over the step out the front door. There weren't any distractions outside though.
- On that trip out Molly got barked at by another miniature schnauzer who was scared of her scooter. That made her realise just how good I am with it!
- I still hate my harness being put on so Molly's dad decided to try to make it more appealing to me, hence everyone else laughing at him crawling around with my harness on his head.


- I went to the groomers again. I really like it there & was well behaved while they cut some big knots out of my beard.
- I was a bit calmer when one of Molly's friends, who I see regularly, came round.
- The supermarket delivery man bought me a packet of food bags to play with. Apologies for the poor quality of these photos but Molly wasn't the photographer & I wouldn't stay still due to my excitement!




Once they were confiscated I discovered a big packet of toilet rolls on the stairs so tried to drag them around. Unfortunately they made quite a noise so Molly worked out what I was up to! After that I entertained myself with stealing a pair of knickers, playing with some sandpaper & attempting to chew the lead of a pair of headphones!
- I still give very enthusiastic welcomes when anyone comes home & cry at the door if someone I want to play with goes out - regardless of who else is left in the house!
- If Molly "Toto-proof"s the house properly before leaving me alone I don't chew anything up.
- I've been driving everyone mad by watching out the window & barking to try to scare away people who are at the other end of the street!
- I was very put out when I discovered someone had closed the curtains so I couldn't watch out the window.


Luckily Molly's mum made a gap for me to look out through.


- Molly & I showed her mum how I understand "Where's Mouse?" as long as there are no other toys nearby for me to get confused with. She was very impressed.
- I won't let Molly's mum knit in peace - I prefer to play with her!
- I accidentally scratched Molly's face when I got a bit too excited & jumped on her in bed.
- I've actually slept in my bed (downstairs) for very short periods during the evening.
- I've become even more cuddly.








One evening I curled up alongside Molly's arm & one morning she woke up with my head just a couple of inches from hers & my paw in her face!
- I've discovered a danger of sleeping on Molly's bed - if either of us wriggles too much I fall off! I think Molly needs a bigger bed.
- I'm getting better at getting "off"' Molly's bed at night when she needs to change position or rearrange her bedding & wait patiently on the floor til I'm allowed back up. Unfortunately though I no longer understand/don't respond to (Molly isn't sure which it is) the command "up" or any similar commands or gestures to get me back up on the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment