Tuesday 9 June 2015

All together again

On Saturday afternoon Molly took me out for an hour to & round the fields at the edge of the village. We met quite a few other dogs & a goat!


I didn't like smelling nice after Molly washed my beard so I was delighted when I found some poo to rub my face in. Molly wasn't quite so happy though & insisted on washing my beard again (twice in one day isn't fair!) when we got home.

That evening Molly's parents came home after a 3 week holiday. I was so excited to see them! They shut their bedroom door overnight though, apparently they didn't want me to jump on their heads during the night. Humph! I was awake when Molly's mum went to the toilet in the middle of the night so I gave her a really enthusiastic greeting & then tried to follow her back into her bedroom. Molly had to get up to stop me making a nuisance of myself because apparently they weren't as awake as I was at 3am! Oops! Then when I woke up the following morning their bedroom door was still shut, as was Molly's younger brother's, so I stood outside their doors & cried because I wanted to see them. Molly had to get up & distract me til they woke up later in the morning. I've been getting better over the last couple of nights & didn't join anyone in the bathroom last night.

Molly wasn't very well on Sunday so we weren't able to go on the schnauzer walk we had planned. Hopefully we'll make the next one though. Her parents took me out for a walk in the afternoon which I really enjoyed because I'd not been out with them for so long.





When Molly was resting in bed I spent most of the time downstairs with everyone else because they were more exciting but every so often I'd run upstairs to check Molly was ok, jump on her & lick her face, then go back downstairs again.

Yesterday & today the hospital stole Molly (just for outpatient appts, she came home last night), so yesterday her mum 'Toto-sat' & today her dad did. They looked after me well & took me for exciting walks. Yesterday Molly's mum took me on a new walk on the outskirts of the village & I had fun trying to flush out pheasants. I didn't get very far because I was on the lead but apparently because of my selective deafness it's not safe to let me off it at the moment. Humph! Today Molly's dad took me on the lengthy walk that me & Molly did last week (I think) but it didn't take us as long. Apparently I was very well behaved.

I was so relieved to see Molly both yesterday evening & this evening when she returned home. We'd not been apart for that long in about a month so I was worried she wouldn't come back. Both times I gave her a really enthusiastic welcome home & yesterday I then promptly fell asleep across her legs (to remind her how much I loved her & to make sure she didn't leave me again!) before she even had time to take her boots off!


No comments:

Post a Comment