Wednesday 17 June 2015

Cake, water & squirrels!

It doesn't seem like much has happened since the last update but we thought we ought to write another blog post before we get too much to say! I'm sure we'll update again soon because we've got training class this eve.

The chaos has continued as the bathroom is still being done. We've had plasterers in yesterday & today as well as Molly's cousin. There has been plaster & dust everywhere so Molly said I'm going to have to have a bath when they've finished. The plasterers aren't very good at closing doors so I've had to be shut out of the way downstairs for most of the time. This makes me very frustrated because I just want to be involved, so this morning especially I've been barking & crying. When the plasterers had a tea break in the garden I was allowed to see them & one gave me a big bit of cake! Molly wasn't happy but I was!

I had fun trying my Kong Wobbler in the garden for the first time the other day. It didn't move nearly as freely as it does on the kitchen floor so it took me ages to eat all my tea from it.

Molly knows I don't like water but the extent of this made her laugh at the weekend. My Kong Wobbler (containing my meal) ended up near my water bowl so I wouldn't approach it in case I got wet. Very sensible I thought but Molly just stood there laughing at me rather than rescuing my Kong Wobbler!


On Sunday Molly caught me with one of her younger brother's socks on 3 separate occassions. She had no idea where I kept getting them from! I'm much better with stealing/chewing things I shouldn't now but still can't resist shoes, slippers, socks & anything knitted.

On Sunday afternoon we walked to the fields on the edge of the village & came back via the playing fields.



I pulled more than usual & had a terrible recall so Molly said she was very glad I was on my lead! I did impress her though when I automatically sat at the kerb without her even turning or stopping because I remembered we'd crossed the road at that spot on a previous day!

I didn't get a walk on Monday because Molly had a busy morning & wasn't well enough to take me out in the evening. I had an exciting day helping Molly's cousin out though so used plenty of energy up that way.

Yesterday Molly insisted on taking me to the vets to have my nails clipped but the vet nurse said they didn't need clipping! Yay! I did get treats while I was there though. Molly said I behaved really well in the waiting room - until I saw other dogs. And then I barked & cried because I wasn't allowed to play with them. I wasn't scared of the vet this time & managed the weighing scales better than I ever had before (I usually slide everywhere & try to get off them). I had to have my monthly flea treatment tablet with my breakfast yesterday morning & it made Molly very grateful that I like eating so much - I just gobbled it up.

After the vet trip Molly took me to a country park where I had a really good explore in the woods. I enjoyed jumping over lots of logs too.

^ Taking everything in

 
^ Posing

^ Action shot!

Molly got frustrated at another owner who had their dog off lead but they were nowhere to be seen. I got frustrated too because I just wanted to play with this dog that was running around.

^  Pulling on the end of the lead to try to follow another dog

I discovered the excitement of chasing squirrels for the first time! I haven't caught any yet but I'm going to keep trying. Molly now realises that improving my recall is going to be even more of a challenge than she thought - if I hadn't been on my lead yesterday then I would have disappeared after those squirrels.

^ Molly said she's sorry this photo isn't focused. Apparently it was very hard to hold
the camera steady while the lens was zoomed out & I was pulling on the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment