Saturday 6 June 2015

Helping out again

We thought we probably ought to try to write short blog updates more frequently, rather than leave it til we've got so much to share that they end up very lengthy. I'm not sure if we'll be able to keep this up but we'll see.

I forgot to tell you in the last blog post about an incident that happened toward the end of our walk in the park. I've been getting more reluctant to get in my car crate over the last couple of weeks & so Molly has had to go back to using food more as a bribe than a reward. That day, as we were returning to the car she made sure she had food ready so when I refused to walk towards the car (because I knew it meant the end of her walk) she called me over & rewarded me. As she unlocked the car & opened the back door I realised that I'd get more chicken for getting in my crate so I quickly jumped for it - before Molly had opened the crate door! So I went head first into the door of the crate, oops! Luckily I was unharmed. Molly thought I might be worried about jumping into my crate again after that so rather than going straight home we practised me getting in & out a few times. I didn't hesitate - not when there was food at stake!

Molly has to use eyedrops regularly at the moment & has found it easiest to do them when she's lying down. On one ocassion she decided to lie on the sofa to do them while I was asleep on the living room floor. But I woke up & as soon as she lay down I jumped on top of her & gave her face a thorough licking! Me standing on her chest made he cough which then made me even more excited & enthusiastic, hehe!

On Thursday night Molly had a bath & I was brave enough to wander around the bathroom to see what she was up to. I don't understand why she'd voluntarily submerge herself in water though!

Yesterday I weighed 8.7kg - almost the same as last week. Molly is pretty sure I've stopped growing now, so she's just got to make sure I don't eat too much & put on weight.

That morning Molly did lots of jobs in the house & garden but still found time for a few short training sessions with me. When she initially got the chicken out of the fridge I was really bouncy trying to get at it but Molly was very impressed at how quickly I realised that I had to "sit" & "stay" to earn some. And I tried my best to 'help' Molly with her jobs by pouncing on the hosepipe, chasing the duster, stealing socks... After all that activity Molly & me both had a sleep.

In the afternoon we went for a walk round the village. Neither of us enjoyed it much because it was just too hot!

Molly's younger brother came home yesterday evening which was very exciting. I love him a lot so gave him a very enthusiastic welcome & then kept a close eye on him to make sure he didn't disappear again. I had to alternate between spending time with Molly (who was upstairs in her bedroom) & her brother (who was downstairs). I'm much more confident using the stairs now but don't have much grip so often slip around a bit.

Last night when I went outside for a wee at about 3am I heard people talking next door so had to bark at them to let them know I was there protecting Molly. And then I ran back upstairs to warn her. She was pleasantly surprised though when I kept quiet on returning to the garden (I'd got distracted from my wee the first time). This morning I woke her up earlier than she would have liked by growling at something I heard outside. I then fell asleep again but she insisted on getting up!

Before breakfast Molly tried to spruce me up. I didn't like it much but mostly co-operated. She brushed my teeth, washed & brushed my beard & cleaned the poo from around my bum - how glamorous!

After that I annoyed Molly a bit by growling & barking at every tiny noise out the front of the house. Her younger brother was in bed (although Molly didn't suspect he'd stay there for long due to the racket I was making!) so I had to protect her!

Molly is being boring (resting in bed) now but I'm quite sleepy so I've been spending some time resting near her & some time playing with her younger brother.

Here are a few photos


^ Trying to eat Molly's magazine

^Taking over her bed

^ "Please can I have my tea?"

No comments:

Post a Comment