Wednesday 13 May 2015

Being a dog & a bath

On Monday evening me & Molly did a bit of training in the garden. I did "down" more reluctantly that time & wasn't very good at finding my food when Molly threw pieces of it in the grass. If I didn't see it land then I usually couldn't find it!

Later that day Molly's dad took me out for a walk round the village & I did lots of "doggy" things that he hadn't seen me do before - I was very interested in & insisted on following a scent (he suspected of a bitch on heat), I barked at & chased a rabbit & I killed & tried to eat a mouse. I thought it was a very successful walk apart from me not being allowed to eat the whole mouse!

Yesterday Molly had to go to the hospital again but because she wasn't allowed to drive (she is now though) & her mum had to work, me & her dad gave her a lift there & then went off on an adventure. We had a good walk, explored some new countryside, ate lunch, had a rest/sleep & visited Molly's younger brother & his colleagues at work. So that was all very exciting! That evening me & Molly did some more training together but I can't remember exactly what we did. I did get rewarded with food though! Ooh & that morning my favourite postman returned so he gave me lots of fuss.

This morning when the weekly Tesco delivery came I was shut behind the stairgates so I didn't get in the way. But the delivery man fell in love with me so gave me lots of attention. Then Molly & her mum took me to a park we'd never been to before. There were lots of other dogs around but because Molly had me on the new (extending) lead she could relax more. I did almost pull her over though when I ran after some birds, hehe! I also found a pond that Molly & her mum didn't realise was there & got covered in mud & leaves. Here are a few photos from our walk. Look how scruffy I am!




Then Molly had to get a few things in town. Her mum needed to pop into a shop first so Molly waited with me outside & we did some training to distract me from passers by. I was very good even in an unfamiliar environment. When Molly's mum returned we went back to the car & had a rest while Molly did her shopping. We all had a quiet afternoon.

Molly originally intended to have me hand stripped rather than clipped so my coat would stay waterproof & wouldn't fade but she's recently accepted that she just doesn't have the time & energy for that so I'm going to be clipped instead. I'm very scruffy at the moment but am booked in for a groom tomorrow morning. However the groomers said that I mustn't have any matts in my fur. Molly & her family have neglected brushing me a bit recently because I'm so wriggly & she's been poorly so I had got a few matts which needed getting out before tomorrow. Molly's dad thought they'd be easier to get out when I was wet so they made me have a bath! Hmph! I kept trying to climb out of the bath so we all got very wet. Then they gave me a really good brush & comb which got most of the matts out. They had to cut a couple out of my beard but it's not noticeable. To try to dry myself I did lots of running around the carpeted rooms rubbing my face along the floor which everyone else found very funny. It worked though! Molly insisted on trying to photograph it but didn't have much luck due to my speed, so here's her best attempt.


And here's a random photo of me sitting on Molly's foot. I'm quite independent & not very cuddly so this kind of thing doesn't happen often.


Tonight Molly's dad left the front door open when he went outside to put something in his car so I followed him. I ignored multiple attempts at calling me back inside but finally responded when I realised there was food on offer! Luckily I hadn't gone further than the end of the lawn but they know they'll have to be careful in future.

I've just heard Molly's mum opening a box in the kitchen which sounds like the box my food is kept in so I must go & investigate!

No comments:

Post a Comment