Friday 22 May 2015

Longer walks & lots of photos

After my last blog update Molly decided we weren't going to go to the country park but instead we'd go to a field we like. We go down a long country path & then the field we come out into is the biggest field I've ever seen! I was allowed to play with a poodle - we had lots of fun chasing each other around while Molly chatted to her owner.

Then we went to the vets. We had to wait a while before it was my turn.


While we were waiting a man came out of one of the consulting rooms in tears. I could tell he was sad so I said hello to him & then when he sat down I laid on the floor next to Molly, watched him closely & cried a bit too.

Then Molly had to take some tablets but she accidentally dropped them on the floor. I immediately ran over to investigate what she'd dropped & see if they were edible which scared Molly. She quickly said "leave it", so I did. She was really impressed!

Seeing the vet went smoothly - I was very well behaved & she said physically I'm fine. She had a few ideas for Molly to try if I don't bounce back soon.

The vet said told Molly she thinks I've stopped growing. So now Molly is letting me use the stairs freely (more on that later) & is no longer putting time restrictions on my walks!

On Wednesday afternoon a friend of Molly's called round to see if she wanted anything from the shops. When she knocked at the door I barked & barked & barked at her! But once she came in I got lots of fuss.

After that Molly lay down on the sofa for a rest so I snuggled up with her & we both slept solidly for an hour & a half.

That evening we went for a 50min walk round the village & neighbouring village.


On Wednesday night Molly let me sleep in her bedroom. I was very fidgety til about 1.30am & then decided it was time to get up at 5.50am. Molly ignored me though so I went back to sleep for couple of hours.

When we got up Molly said we were going to have a quieter day & put the TV on. Luckily she soon got bored.

We went to a local nature reserve for a walk. We had to call in at the visitor centre there so Molly could buy a map but they didn't let dogs in so we had to wait at the door & Molly asked someone else to pop in & get a map for her. There were lots of people & dogs around so I did a lot of barking. The circular walk we did took about an hour & there was loads to explore. Molly had to take some tablets again while we were out so she decided to do it as we were walking along. Just as she took the lid off her tablet pot I saw a bird so ran after it & reached the end of my extendable lead. This jerked Molly forward so she accidentally dropped/threw her tablet pot & the contents in the nettles at the side of the path, oops! I did a good recall away from a bird later though. Here are some photos.







Talking of nettles, Molly wonders how long it'll be before I discover that sniffing at & marking nettles isn't a good idea. I wonder what she means.

After that Molly went out shopping & left me at home. Since my trip to the groomers last week I don't like being alone so that made me sad. I started chewing the bottom of an armchair again while Molly was out, oops! She's put Tabasco sauce on it now though so it tastes horrible!

Yesterday evening Molly drove us to the neighbouring village where we sometimes walk round the fields. But yesterday we did a much longer walk through the fields to another village, through there & then back through a park, through someone's garden (Molly isn't quite sure where she went wrong there!) & along the side of a main road. It took us about an hour & a quarter. Just into the walk we met another dog. Molly let me say hello but they were going the same route as us so we stopped at a bench & I did some "sit"s & "down"s to distract me & earn some food until they'd got a significant distance ahead. Talking of food, Molly wouldn't let me eat a dead bluetit I found but I did manage to wolf an egg down before she caught me! I got a bit confused when Molly wanted me to walk a certain way around a tree I'd been investigating which resulted in her having to walk around it & through some thorns surrounding it to untangle my lead. Oops! Here are a couple of photos.



I slept really well last night (in Molly's room but I didn't fidget or change my position much) after such a busy day!


This morning I did a couple of things which made Molly think that I'm getting my spark back. Firstly, when she was sorting some washing out, I took 3 tea towels, one at a time, and just abandoned them on the living room floor before settling to chew my mouse.

After that I went upstairs to explore on my own. Previously I've been too clingy to go up without Molly. A short while later Molly spotted me lurking half way down the stairs with a cushion that I'd stolen off the sofa in her bedroom. I knew I wasn't supposed to have it (all of the cushions downstairs have disappeared since Molly & her family realised I liked attacking them) so hid behind the bannisters for a bit...




 ...before running down the remainder of the stairs & dodging past Molly so she couldn't take my cushion away. Then I lay down to have a good chew on it.

This morning Molly took me to the vets to buy something to help me settle better when I'm at home alone & be less nervous when other people visit. While we were there I noticed that the reception desk smelled of other dogs so I marked it!

Then we went to a local riverside park where we had an hour's walk in the sun. It was much hotter than both of us were expecting! We met lots of other people & dogs, some of whom I was allowed to say hello to. And of course Molly took photos of me!


 




After that Molly insisted that we went to a couple of shops. She bought some chicken feet for me in the pet shop but hasn't let me have any of them yet. And then she had a look in a charity shop. I accidentally scared a little boy by barking at him - I just wanted to play! While Molly was looking at books I lay down on the floor because I was tired after our walk.


When we got home Molly popped out to the local shop for a paper & left me alone for a few minutes. When she got back & I realised she wasn't going anywhere I was able to relax & get some much needed sleep.

Molly is now leaving the stairgate open when she's around so I can go up & down the stairs as I like. I usually just use them when she does though. Most of the doors off of the landing upstairs are shut though because the other bedrooms haven't been dog-proofed so I'm only allowed in Molly's room & the bathroom at the moment. I currently follow Molly closely & have taken to lying on the bath mat whenever she goes into the bathroom.


 Molly loves this photo she took of me relaxing in her bedroom.


I'm happy to go up the stairs but find coming down them harder. If Molly rattles the box of my fish treats at the bottom of the stairs then I can get down them but if not then I don't think I can, so tend to stand at the top or part way down until Molly tempts me down or I get bored/worry I'm missing something downstairs.



I've just had all my rope toys confiscated because I was chewing them so much that they were coming apart & I was eating the bits. Humph!

Here are a few photos of me resting on the sofas





And finally some photos of me snuggling with Molly





No comments:

Post a Comment