Sunday 17 May 2015

Keeping busy

On Thursday morning Molly took me on a walk round the local streets during which we stopped to chat to a nice neighbour, I met another dog & Molly caught me just in time to stop me running over to a person crossing the field.

Then I went for my first proper groom! Molly was really impressed with my new look but noticed I've not been myself since then. She knows I'm not ill but I've been unusually calm/reserved (although I have still been having mad moments!) so something isn't right. They told Molly that everything had been fine so we won't be going back there. Molly is taking good care of me & I seem to be getting my spark back.

That afternoon I made Molly laugh when we did some training together. No matter whether she said "sit" or "down", I threw myself enthusiastically on the floor (my version of "down") & waited for a reward! I also ate a yummy snail I brought in from the garden, stole Molly's slippers off the washstand (she didn't know I was big enough to reach the things she put on there to keep them out of my reach!) & started some new training with Molly (we'll report back if/when we achieve anything). That evening her dad took me on a walk to the playing fields where I tried to chase a cat but I was on my extendable lead so couldn't catch it, humph!

Molly had to spend Friday morning at hospital so her dad looked after and walked me. When Molly got back I slept on her lap, which isn't something I often do - I'm too independent to be cuddly.

After that we went for a walk round the fields at the edge of the village.

Yesterday morning Molly's dad did some exciting jobs in the garden but shut me inside the house, apparently so I didn't get hurt. I wasn't happy - I wanted to play with the hosepipe & the lawnmower but instead had to make do with watching them out the window. Then Molly took me on a walk to the playing fields & we also visited her mum at work. We encountered lots of 'distractions' but Molly felt much more relaxed with it all because I was on the extendable lead. Some of the things we met were other dogs (some friendly, some nervous & some grumpy!), adults, children playing football & children playing on space hoppers (which I really wanted to play with so I barked at them & did a play bow!).

That afternoon Molly's older brother & his family came round. For some reason I was initially apprehensive of Kiara (who I love & usually play very enthusiastically with), but Molly isn't sure if that's because I hadn't seen her for a while, was tired &/or was just a bit out of sorts. I soon warmed to her though & we had some nice cuddles.

Yesterday evening Molly's dad took my crate down! I haven't used it for a long time now because I went off it & can be trusted not to cause any damage when I'm alone. I still use a crate for travelling in the car though.

This afternoon Molly took me for an enjoyable walk in the woods. We mainly kept away from other people (it was quite busy there today, especially with families) but I did say hello to a couple of dogs. And then we went to visit Molly's nan. I was tired after our walk though so I spent most of the time we were there sleeping.

When we got home we had lots of fun playing together & I even gave Molly two play bows during our game. I don't do them very often & when I do they're usually to other dogs or children.

This evening we went on a walk to the playing fields again. I had lots of adventures - I tried to eat a dead bird (Molly had to physically pull me away because I was so determined), I decided that my recall command meant finish chasing a bird & then return to Molly and I got so excited when I saw other dogs that I pulled the lead out of Molly's hand & shot off across the field to join them, but unfortunately another dog owner caught me. What a lot of excitement in one walk!

And here are a few more photos:

 ^ I was helping Molly take a photo of me!

 ^ Showing off my new haircut

^ More cuddles

No comments:

Post a Comment