Wednesday 20 May 2015

Rain & loneliness

On Sunday evening Molly decided to break some of my fish treats up because she thought I was probably having too much due to the pieces being so large. So she hit them with a hammer! Unfortunately I was only given a few small bits there & then, despite doing my best hungry puppy look!

On Monday morning Molly weighed me & I'm still 8.6kg.

It's been raining a lot over the last few days. Despite that Molly decided I needed to go out for a walk on Monday morning to burn off some energy. I got all excited as she got ready to take me out but then once we got out the front door I realised it was raining, so rather than tugging Molly away from the house like I usually do, instead I turned back to face the front door & sat down in the hope that Molly would let me back inside. She didn't but once we actually got out in the rain I was content. We walked round the village for about 35mins & we covered some streets & paths I'd not been down before so there was lots to investigate & smell.

When we got home I wanted to dry my wet beard so ran round the house rubbing my face on the carpets. That makes Molly laugh.

In the afternoon Molly's friend Jan visited & when the rain stopped we all went for a walk to the playing fields. Jan took lots of photos of me so once he's sent them to Molly she'll share the best ones on here.

Some of my favourite toys are plastic flight balls that I enjoy batting & chasing round. But I chewed one up so now they've all been taken away. Humph!

When Molly went up to bed the night before last I barked & cried because I felt lonely, which is unusual for me. I soon fell asleep though. I was better last night because I was sleepier when Molly went upstairs.

We had an early morning walk round the village yesterday before Molly had to go out for a couple of hours. She left me with a stuffed Kong but it had been in the freezer overnight so I couldn't get much food out of it. I enjoyed it a few hours later (once the food had warmed up & softened a bit) when Molly was home though.

Yesterday Molly & me had a few training sessions to try to teach me a new command but I still don't really understand what she wants me to do. Molly said it's still early days though (& remembers how long it took to teach me other commands) so we'll persevere. I don't mind because I get food as a reward!

In the evening a neighbour called round. I initially got really excited barking, jumping up & mouthing but then flopped on Molly's lap.

After that we went for a walk round the fields on the edge of the village. Then Molly went out to a friend's house for tea. When she came back she tried to get me used to being upstairs (in limited rooms) in case I was too anxious to be by myself at any point during the day while she needed to be up there, or overnight. I was very jumpy though & am still reluctant to do the stairs (which Molly thinks I could now do ocassionally) so we didn't make much progress.

This morning I woke Molly up by crying at the bottom of the stairs because I was lonely again.

I'm still not myself so Molly contacted the grooming salon yesterday & asked them if anything happened to frighten me when I was there on Thursday. They said nothing happened but Molly isn't sure that they'd say if it had. Apparently I'm going to have a check up at the vets this morning to reassure Molly that this change in behaviour isn't due to me being ill or in pain. We'll report back.

Here are a few photos of me from the last few days. You can see how I've been calmer & more clingy/cuddly than normal. Apologies for the inaccurate colours in some, I am black, not grey.







We must go now because we're going to go for a walk at the local country park before my vet trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment