Tuesday 10 March 2015

More chicken fun & a Kong

Molly's dad's work colleagues read my last blog post & so the following day they were asking him where his hat was! Hehe! It's nice to know that people do read my blog :)

Yesterday morning Molly took me to the park on our walk.


I wasn't very happy when Molly wouldn't let me cross the road to play with another dog. Rather than my usual barking & lunging I just stood there & squeaked!

Apart from that the walk was good though. I met a lovely man who gave me lots of fuss. Molly said I was really well behaved with him - nice & friendly but not too excited. I didn't manage to "stay close" when we were heading up a blind hill because I was so keen to see what was at the top but I later did some really good work with "stay(ing) close" even when Molly kept changing direction!

Usually when Molly spots things I find exciting she makes us cross over the road so I don't get as distracted by them. But yesterday there was a woman & her dog walking on one side of the road & a woman with a pushchair on the other so we had to pass one of them. Molly opted for the woman with the pushchair & managed to keep my attention as we passed so I didn't bark or lunge at all!

Yesterday afternoon I was playing in the garden & spotted that someone had given the chickens some cauliflower leaves & stalks to eat. I thought they looked/smelled yummy so I wriggled under the wire around the chicken enclosure so I could get in & eat them. Molly spotted me & took me out before I noticed the chickens but I went back in again, and again, and again...!


Apparently I looked quite shocked when I did eventually realise that there were chickens in there with me! Molly's younger brother kept trying to make the enclosure dog proof but he didn't succeed!  Then when I went back in yet again I tried to play with the chickens! Molly's brother had to climb over the fence (which was too tall for Molly to get over) & separate me & Lucy the chicken. Apparently I shouldn't have grabbed her tail in my mouth & dragged her around by it! I was only trying to play! The chicken enclosure is secure again now so I can't get back in. Humph!

Yesterday evening Molly's younger brother took me out for a walk which was good fun. I refused to do a last wee before we went up to bed at about 10.30pm so Molly had to take me out into the garden again just before 1am! She thought after that I might sleep in but I was up & awake at 7.30am this morning.

This morning Molly tried to groom me with a new brush. I'm still not keen on being groomed but I cooperated this morning because I knew I'd get food if I was good.

Molly & her dad took me out for a really exciting walk at a local nature reserve this morning. It was the same place that Molly took me to on Saturday but the only dog we met this time was off-lead so I could be off-lead for the whole walk! There was so much to explore.


Molly's dad was really impressed with my "stay close" work as we passed distractions but I ignored my recall command when I saw another dog. Oops!

When we got home Molly's dad cleaned the chickens out but I wasn't allowed to help him. To distract me Molly gave me a stuffed Kong which kept me entertained for about 45 minutes!


I didn't manage to get all the food out of it on my own though. While I was occupied with that Molly did some baking but she said it was people food and not for me.

While Molly was out babysitting this evening I dug up one of her mum's best plants from a pot in the garden. Molly said it was her fault for leaving it where I could get at it, hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment