Thursday 12 March 2015

Sore paw & sleeping by the door

On Wednesday evening Molly's younger brother took me out for a short walk again. After that I curled up next to Molly on her sofa while she relaxed in front of the TV before bed. When she nipped out the room to brush her teeth I moved into her (warm) space on the sofa & fell asleep!

Yesterday Molly noticed that I had a sore paw. She had a look to see why I was limping intermittently & discovered that I'd got a cut on the pad of one of my front paws. Sometimes it doesn't bother me but sometimes it hurts when I put it on the ground. There's nothing in it though & it's not deep so Molly is just keeping an eye on it. I don't know how I did it.

I can still get into the chicken enclosure so have been having fun exploring in there (& eating lots of yummy chicken poo) but the chickens have been secured inside a section of it that I can't enter so I can't play with them any more. Humph!

At lunch time yesterday Molly was a bit worried about my paw but knew I needed to go out so she drove us directly to the park because she thought the grass would be kinder to my paw than tarmac & that if I was off-lead I'd be able to rest if I wanted/needed to. I impressed Molly by doing some really good "stay close" when she zigzagged around & even doing a few "down"s for her too. Here are a couple of photos.

Look Molly, I've found the poo bin for you, why aren't you coming up here to explore with me?

And I found a very exciting clump of dried grass

Molly was really proud of me when her dad did some vacuuming. I still ran around but didn't bark once!

Molly had to go out in the afternoon/evening & was very tired when she got home but still took me out for a little walk (including a short off-lead run) because I was hyper!

Yesterday evening I took a while to settle in Molly's bedroom because I could hear the rest of her family in other rooms of the house & was worried I might be missing something so I barked & scratched at the door. Molly didn't let me out though & then I fell asleep. I decided to sleep right in front of the door to make sure that no-one left or entered the room without me knowing! Apparently this wasn't very convenient when Molly needed to go to the bathroom, hehe!



I'm usually really good when Molly watches TV & am not woken/bothered by any noises but last night I barked when I heard a child. I hope I didn't wake anyone up!

This morning Molly woke me up at 7.30am because she had stuff to do but I wanted to sleep for longer! I spent the morning being looked after by her mum while Molly went out. She popped back home briefly mid-morning though between errands & brought my friend Roni with her so I got really really excited to see them both! Molly came back for good (I hope) at lunch time & fed me, yay! I'm now resting by her feet while I digest my lunch & then she said we can go out for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment