Sunday 1 March 2015

Training muddles, weight & opticians

We've continued with the short training sessions. I get a bit confused sometimes though when Molly gives me commands in slightly different places. For example, when we were practising "down" in different locations around the house. When we got close to my crate (where my bed is), I assumed Molly would want me to (go to) "bed" so when she said "down" I ran into my crate & proudly waited for a treat!

At night I've been continuing to split my time between Molly's bed & sofa. Last night I was especially cuddly but the night before I spent most of it on the sofa.

Molly remembered to weigh me & I was 7.2kg yesterday morning! I gained 0.5kg in a week.

Yesterday I was so eager to eat my breakfast that I wolfed it down too quickly & then brought it all back again, oops! I usually eat it more slowly but my Kong Wobbler was in the dishwasher so I had to have it out of my Tornado toy instead & clearly that didn't slow me down enough.

Molly had to return to the opticians to get her new glasses adjusted so me & her mum went with her. We expected to have to wait outside the opticians but the staff said I could go in & made a big fuss of me. I was very noisy when we walked round town though - it was just so exciting with lots of adults & children & a couple of other dogs too.

I've discovered that I quite enjoy watching football on TV with Molly's dad & brother, much to her disgust!

Yesterday evening when we walked to the Scout Hut field we did lots of training practise with various commands. I'm usually very good at "leave it" but on one occassion I ignored Molly, ate what I'd scavenged & then looked at her expenctantly for a treat. She said I couldn't have one because I hadn't left what I'd found. Hmph! We also did some more recall practise (which Molly said is getting a bit ropey, she sometimes now has to run away from me to encourage me to return to her because otherwise I just sit there & stare at her - apparently I'm becoming a teenager!), "sit" (which I'm usually good with), "stay close" (which I'm definitely getting better at when there aren't too many distractions/I'm not too excited) & "find it" (which is my favourite because Molly just throws food on the floor for me to find!).

Apologies for the lack of photos again, Molly hopes to take some today. She said we're going to go for an exciting walk later!

No comments:

Post a Comment