Friday 6 March 2015

Today's walks

Molly took me for 2 nice walks today. At lunchtime we walked to the park where I had a run off-lead before we came home again. I ate a sweet I found despite Molly asking me to "leave it" but apart from that I was good. I tried to play with another dog but she growled at me. I wasn't scared though! I did some good practise recalls. Molly was really impressed at how well I focused on her (& the food she had, hehe) when she asked me to. Molly asked me to "stay close" while we walked across the playing fields between two dogs & I did without getting distracted or running off to play. And Molly successfully kept my attention while we walked past a dog & its owner & two people talking on the other side of the road, so I didn't bark at them at all! We also did some more work on distactions in the front garden today & I did well at ignoring dogs & children while focussing on Molly. Those are great achievements for me.

This afternoon we walked Molly's mum to work. We met Vicky's mum Jane & her mum on our way & they gave me lots of fuss. I've made it very clear to Molly & everyone else who knows me well that I'm not interested in balls (rope toys - yes, stuffed toys - yes, interactive food toys - yes, toys with squeakers - yes, chew toys - yes, balls - no, they're boring!) but when we crossed the playing fields on that walk I stole another dog's ball! Hehe. Luckily he didn't mind but Molly still made me give it back. Humph!

Sorry for the lack of photos on this post, hopefully we'll have some to share with you next time. Molly said I've got to have a quiet evening before a busy day tomorrow but I expect I'll get the zoomies later.

No comments:

Post a Comment