Thursday 19 March 2015

Woods & walks with friends

On Tuesday evening we just went for short walk to the little local field so I could have a quick run off-lead before bed. On the way home I randomly sat on the pavement & refused to move on multiple occasions. This confused Molly because I usually only stop like that if I've found something interesting to sniff or eat or if we're at the end of the driveway & I don't want to go home. So she doesn't know what that was about. Molly discovered though that if she started running then I'd start moving again because I didn't want to be left behind!

Yesterday morning Molly had to pop out for half an hour & left me home alone. I was very well behaved, she was so impressed!

After that Molly took me out to a local wood which was deserted! I had a really good run around.





That walk tired me out so I had a good sleep when we got home. While I was still sleepy Molly tried to give me a quick brush because apparently I looked really scruffy. I was good to start with but then got fed up & started trying to bite the brush so Molly didn't manage to try to strip me or have a go with any of the other brushes.

Yesterday Molly watched an episode of a police drama on TV so I curled up next to her to sleep. But then I woke suddenly because there was a dog barking on the TV! So of course I proceeded to do a lot of barking (& some growling) in response!

Molly keeps trying to cut my nails but I don't let her. She said it's very frustrating, especially as she can't work out why I hate it so much. Even food didn't persuade me to cooperate today.

I often bark at the front door when someone/something passes but yesterday afternoon I spent somewhere between 30 & 60 minutes constantly barking & throwing myself at/standing up at the front door, chest of drawers (in front of the living room window) & wall under the living room window. Molly picked me up & showed me that there was nothing outside the window but I still kept going. She said she'd love to know what I'm thinking!

We then went on a walk with Issy round some fields on the edge of the village. Molly didn't take any photos but all three of us had a lovely time.

This morning Molly had to go out for about 40 minutes so her mum kept an eye on me. When Molly got home I gave her a really thorough licking before falling asleep on her lap. She didn't want to disturb me so stayed sat on the floor just next to the front door with her coat & boots still on for about half an hour.

Later Molly took me out & I had a really exciting time. We walked to Kate's house where we picked her up & then we all walked to the pre-school to collect Libby. It was great to see them both. Molly let me off my lead while we walked across the playing fields & round the pond.



I had to go back on the lead though to walk back to Kate's. When we got there I had my lunch, explored their garden & played with Libby! I refused to sleep there because everything was so exciting, so after we walked home (we met some more friends on the way) I fell soundly asleep because I was just so exhausted!

I've had quite a sleepy evening but I did play a bit with Molly's dad & stole Molly's mum's slipper. Her dad spotted me chewing it & wondered where I'd got it from (because all shoes & slippers are now kept out of my reach), so Molly asked her mum who suddenly realised she'd only got one slipper on! Hehe :P I did give it up when Molly asked me to though.

No comments:

Post a Comment