Friday 6 February 2015

Being sociable

Molly had to go out on her own a few times today but she had plenty of energy so was able to take me out for two really good walks too.

This morning we went to the park in the village & walked round the pond. I had to stay on my lead because Molly wasn't sure what my recall would be like around other dogs, swans & ducks but I had a good time exploring anyway. I met two other miniature schnauzers and Molly chatted to their owner while we all played together. Molly didn't manage to take any photos while we were out on that walk though.

This afternoon we went for a local walk round some fields where I could be off-lead! We did meet two other dogs (separately) but Molly let me greet them off lead & was really impressed with how well I behaved. She keeps saying she's really proud of me. On both occassions I kept my focus on her (with the help of food of course) until we got quite close before running to greet the dogs. I played with them nicely while she talked to their owners & then came away (also with the help of food) when she asked me to. I also did well at returning to Molly when she called me after I ran ahead to explore.

Here are a few photos from that walk. I am actually on the first one but I'm quite hard to see due to the lighting & the distance away I was. I'm not on the third one though, Molly just liked the sunset.




When we got back Molly insisted on cleaning my paws because they were caked in mud. I was much calmer with that than I usually am & then even let Molly pick bits of plant material out of the fur on my legs.

And finally, here are a couple of photos of me on the sofa that Molly took this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment