Friday 20 February 2015

Vets

Today I worried Molly again. I was quite sleepy this morning. Then I did a wee on the floor when I got excited (which is really unlike me) & was sick in the garden.

I already had an appt booked at the vets to have my monthly flea & worming treatments so Molly just took me along to that & had me looked at by a vet. All my vital signs were normal (& I weighed a whopping 6.7kg) but I wasn't too happy when the vet felt my tummy. She said there was a chance I could have a bowel obstruction so her & Molly decided I should be admitted for x-rays under sedation.

The x-rays came back clear so the vet said it was probably gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) caused by something I'd eaten. Molly picked me up when I'd recovered from the sedation. I've been given some tablets & am on a bland diet for a few days & will be seen again at the vets on Mon.

Since I came home I've been a bit out of sorts which Molly thinks is partly due to me being unwell & partly due to the sedation. I'm also a bit grumpy at Molly for leaving me at the vets this morning so won't give her any cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment