Thursday 19 February 2015

Clever

Last night Molly went out babysitting so the rest of the family looked after me & put me to bed. While I was playing with Molly's dad in the evening he thinks one of my teeth must have come out because Ted (my teddy bear) ended up covered in blood! Luckily I was fine & Ted cleaned up ok.

This morning Molly took her eyes off me briefly when I was eating breakfast out of my Kong Wobbler & when she looked back it was open, which defeats the point of it. She's hoping that was just a fluke & that I haven't actually worked out how to unscrew it!


Then a big box of my food was delivered. I knew exactly what was inside it because of the way it smelled so it was promptly hidden away in the garage before I started trying to get into it!

Molly had to go out to the shops this morning so her mum looked after me. While she was out I alternated between sleeping behind the front door waiting for her to come home & zooming round the back garden chasing leaves in the wind! Molly found a groomers & was impressed after chatting to the woman there so has booked me in next week! Hopefully then I'll be able to see again because my hair is currently getting in front of my eyes. This photo Molly took yesterday shows how scruffy I am at the moment!


Molly also returned with a couple of new toys for me which I've been having fun with. I gave her a really good welcome home.


After that I rested for a bit while Molly watched some TV - I'm feeling much better but am still a bit sleepy. Then we went out for a walk round the pond & playing fields. I was allowed off-lead & because of the rain there were no children or dogs to distract me. I did return to Molly when she called me but not instantly. Then we popped in to see her mum at work before walking home.

Molly had been getting disheartened with the way our training was going & the lack of progress we were making with it. She asked for some advice online from friendly fellow miniature schnauzer owners & then following that bought a clicker yesterday & a book about clicker training today. Yesterday Molly taught me that the clicker meant food was coming & then today she tried to teach me "down" from scratch again using the clicker & following the steps in the book. I've still got a way to go but we made more progress with it in 10 minutes than we had over several weeks with the old techniques/method. Molly thinks we'll crack "down" in the next few days & is feeling much more optimistic about training. I've shown her how clever I can be when she goes about teaching me things in the right way/so I can understand her. And she was really impressed with how I used my brain to work out what she wanted me to do.

Thinking that much for 10 minutes exhausted me though!




P.S. I'm 20 weeks old today!

No comments:

Post a Comment