Tuesday 17 February 2015

Recovering

I've had a quiet day today recovering from being poorly. I've stayed on my diet of chicken (yum yum) & rice & haven't vomited any more, even after yesterday's anti sickness injection would have worn off at lunch time today, so I didn't have to go back to the vets. I don't mind the vets though, I get lots of fuss there. I've been more alert & had more energy than yesterday although I've still been sleepier than I usually am.

Molly knew I was almost back to normal as soon as she let me out for a wee this morning because I stole her slipper & tried to take it out into the garden (but she stopped me) & then started biting the bottom of her jeans. I've been quite mouthy today because of my teething.

This morning Molly's mum put my breakfast out on the shelves in the passage to cool before I could eat it but I couldn't wait so tried (& failed) to climb up the shelves to get to it. When I was shut back inside I stuck my head out the cat flap & then I kept pretending that I needed to go out to the toilet when all I really wanted to do was get to my food! I was allowed to have it when it cooled down but for a couple of hours after that I thought there might still be food out there.

Molly had to run her mum to work so left me in my crate at home alone for 10mins. She's done this a couple of times before & knows I whine to start with but wasn't sure what happens after that, so today she recorded me on her phone. When she watched the video back she saw that I'd whined most of the time se was out :( She's not sure if that was a one off (because I wasn't tired &/or felt off colour) or not so she's going to try it again when I'm completely better & more sleepy & see how things go.

When Molly came back I was very well behaved while she watched a TV programme on her laptop & then her friend Vicky came round. I received lots of fuss & attention from Vicky (& later her mum when she collected her) but she said a few times that I'm not a very bright dog. Humph! I did make her laugh though & she said I was very cute.

Just after that I found a dead shrew in the garden! I brought it in with me when Molly called me back inside but it was too precious for me to give up (despite Molly asking me to) so she chased me round the house with it. Eventually I gave it up in return for a piece of chicken. Molly didn't realise what I'd got in my mouth, she thought it was just a big piece of bark, so got a shock when I dropped it on the carpet! Hehe!

After Molly did some studying she tried to have a lie down on the sofa with me but I was too lively. I switched between playing & resting on the floor, chewing an umbrella in the hall, lying so close to Molly's face that she couldn't breathe & trying to chew her nose - which she didn't find very relaxing! So Molly took me out for a walk to see her mum at work. I didn't pull much (although Molly suspects that might be because I knew she had chicken in her pocket) but I barked lots (with excitement) at other people we passed. We bumped into Molly's friend Ann who enjoyed meeting me for the first time. I didn't pay her much attention though because I was too interested in the chicken in Molly's pocket!

Molly was surprised that I didn't sleep when we got home but her & her dad were cooking tea so I had to lurk around in case they dropped any food on the floor. After welcoming her mum home from work I rested well in my crate while they ate.

Molly tried to watch some TV in her bedroom with me but after some exploring (including in her bin, until she successfully told me to "leave it") I wouldn't settle - I sat on the arm of her sofa & barked at the door. She thought I needed the toilet so took me downstairs but I didn't need to go out, so she's not sure what that was about. I settled well downstairs though - apart from when a desert rain frog came on the programme she was watching on her laptop, it squeaked like one of my toys! I wasn't fussed by the cats on the screen though, sleeping was more appealing!


This evening Molly brushed & used the stripping stone on me with the help of chicken as a bribe - yum! She's currently looking into grooming options to get my face tidied up so I can see better. After that there was a little bit of chicken left so we did some training. Usually Molly can only take 2 steps away when I sit - any further & I follow her. But today I let her take 6 steps away & stayed sitting - because I knew I'd get some chicken! Molly said she was very proud of me.

Maybe that wasn't such a quiet day - I don't think I do quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment