Friday 13 February 2015

Graduation

Last night I graduated from puppy class & even got a certificate to prove it! Molly isn't sure that being able to do most of the positions only if lured into them with food is quite the point, but never mind! It's been a great experience, especially the social side of it. I had lots of fun playing with my friend Bailey last night & Molly & Bailey's owner have exchanged contact details so hopefully I'll be able to see her again sometime. The two of us caused a bit of chaos together but we did make other people laugh. We did lots of play fighting & then when Molly's dad put down some water for us to drink, Bailey grabbed the full bowl in her mouth & ran off with it, spilling water all over the floor. I then tried to play with the brush as it was mopped up before slipping on the wet floor & landing on my nose! Oops! All of this happened as the trainers were trying to talk to our owners about theory. It was great fun! Molly is sorry for not taking any photos, it was all a bit too hectic. Oh & during the practical section of the class I pooed on the floor - again! It wasn't my fault though, I was pulling towards the door to signal that I needed to go out but because there were some people & another dog outside Molly thought I just wanted to play, so ignored me. So I had no choice but to do it on the floor!

I slept really well last night after all that excitement & am still a bit subdued today. Molly doesn't expect it to last long though!

I'm making a bit of progress with the training we do at home. Yesterday Molly managed to put me in a "sit" & I stayed there while she took two steps away for the first time - previously I've run to join her. Molly can now also (usually) put my Kong down on the floor & get me to sit & leave it alone while she steps back until she gives the signal for me to take it. Oh & based on the work we've been doing in class I can sometimes sustain a "sit" &/or "down" for 10 seconds (or longer) but that's with the help of food & sometimes I get impatient & get up too soon.

Yesterday afternoon Molly took me out on a good, mostly off-lead, walk. We didn't meet any other dogs but I did get very excited when a jogger passed. I was on my lead at that point though so Molly could stop me running to join them. Humph! Here are a couple of photos that Molly took.



I came in from the garden at one point yesterday with a small bit of cardboard in my mouth. When Molly looked in the passage there was cardboard everywhere. I'd found a piece from somewhere & shredded it, hehe!

Molly weighed me again this morning, like she does every week, and I'd put on a bit of weight, so it looks like I might be on the right amount of my new food now. I now weigh 6.4kg which is 1 stone! I also seem to be growing taller & longer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment