Wednesday 10 December 2014

Day to day occurings

Sorry for the lack of a proper blog yesterday. We kept notes throughout the day though so hopefully we can remember what happened.

Both of the last couple of nights have been similar - I've gone to bed about 10.15pm, got up for wee just around 6am & then gone back to sleep til after 7.30am. I've continued to be very nippy in the mornings which makes it hard for Molly to give me attention.

Yesterday Molly tried my harness on me now I'm a bit bigger but I didn't like that very much. It's still too big for me & she realised afterwards that she'd put it on upside down! So she's going to try it again today but the right way up this time.

We tried to listen to my sounds CD (to help expose me to potentially scary sounds before I actually encounter them so I can get used to them in controlled circumstances) but I got quite agitated so Molly soon stopped it. She doesn't know if the agitation was a coincidence though so she's planning to try it again but a bit quieter next time.

I spent short periods on my own yesterday (while I was wide awake) while Molly did something in another room. I wasn't too keen on this though so made squeaky noises & started destroying a strip of duct tape that had been put in place to cover up a spiky carpet runner. Oops! The offending carpet runner has been removed now. I also had some good cuddles with Molly while she watched a bit of TV.

I've been impressing Molly by managing up to 2 hours between wees during the day. And sometimes now when she takes me out pre-emptively I don't need to go. She's also making note of the times I do poos to see if she can find a pattern there.

I like spending time in the garden so sometimes I make it look like I need a wee just so I can go out & play! I like to chew & eat just about everything I can find. Bark is my current favourite. And I enjoy playing with the chickens (Molly would like to clarity that this is through a fence) even when Red tries to peck me!

Yesterday afternoon we visited the village library where Molly's mum works. I received lots of attention & said hello to the youngest toddler I'd ever met. Molly was a bit apprehensive about taking me out because I was a bit nippy before we left the house but when I'm in unfamiliar surroundings I seem to calm down a bit so did lots of friendly licking rather than nipping. These people we meet while we're out have no idea how full of beans I am at home!

Molly said my nails are getting too long as I've been scratching her (by accident) so if she's feeling brave today she's hoping to have a go at cutting them. She needs to wait til I'm a bit calmer though - I'm currently bombing round the kitchen.

Last night I was allowed into the carpeted rooms again after I'd just done a wee. I kept trying to jump up onto the sofa on my own but I'm too small.


 
Then I fell asleep too early & Molly worried if I went to bed then that I'd want to get up at a ridiculous time this morn so they tried to wake me up again. I ignored most of their attempts but couldn't resist my squeaky tennis ball.

And to finish this blog post here are a couple more photos of me sleeping in strange positions

 

No comments:

Post a Comment