Monday 29 December 2014

Geese & bubbles

Yesterday evening we walked to the Scout Hut field & back & did a few practise 'sit's while there were more distractions around. I did really well on most of them but was too preoccupied when we tried it in a field - there were so many other interesting things around. After that I went straight to bed & slept through the night as usual.

This morning I had my breakfast in my Kong toys again & then Molly's dad looked after me while she popped out to a GP appt. When she came home I was so pleased to see her that I put my tongue in her ear!

Then we went out to a local reservoir where we met up with Claire & her daughter Ffion. Molly was impressed that I was so well behaved when I met some geese - I wasn't scared but wasn't particularly interested in them either. And I didn't do any "play with me" barking - I saved that for the joggers & children we saw! Molly wasn't quite so impressed with me when I ate goose poo though. I also watched Ffion playing in the park, went for a walk & sat calmly (once I'd realised I wasn't going to get any people food) while Molly had something to eat & drink outside the cafe. Molly says she's sorry about the first photo being so badly composed, she couldn't see the screen of her phone due to the sun so had to take it blindly.




When we got home I was too tired to eat my lunch & went straight to sleep. While I was asleep Molly unpacked my new Kong toys which had arrived in the post while we were out. I had my (late) lunch in one when I woke up but haven't tried the other yet. It's a bit different so Molly hopes I'll get the hang of it.

Molly's dad bought me some dog-friendly bubbles when he was in town today so we played with them. I wasn't interested in them when they were in the air but I pounced on some of them once they'd landed on the floor. And I got a bit confused when they kept landing on me!





After that me & Molly did some training & apparently I did very well. We practised 'sit', 'leave it' & 'bed' & tried 'down' for the first time. Molly's dad is also trying to teach me the name of one of my toys because he did that when he used to have a border collie, but Molly says I'm not that clever. Molly's dad said I'm clever in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment