Wednesday 3 December 2014

Poos!

Before Molly went out yesterday afternoon we had another short training session. I'm currently trying to learn 'sit' & that was my best attempt so far. Molly had hoped to try it again with me in the eve but didn't get chance. We've already tried it once this morning though. Hopefully if we can find time to do a few more training sessions each day I'll master it soon. I already automatically sit when Molly gets my food ready - she thinks I must have seen the older dogs doing it at the breeders' house. And we're also practising recall each time we're out in the garden.

Molly called in at a supermarket on her way home to try to find something more substantial, natural & safe for me to chew but everything there was either dangerous or for older dogs. She's hoping to have a look in a pet shop today & is considering getting me an antler to try.

While Molly was out yesterday it was the longest time we'd spent apart since I came home last Thursday. Molly missed me. I didn't miss her too much though because I was having lots of fun in the garden & helping her dad dig some carrots up. I enjoyed chewing another carrot but Molly has now decided I'm not allowed any more for a few days because they seem to be giving me (a mild case of) the runs. That helps explain why I pooed on the floor a couple of times yesterday morning. It doesn't explain the random wee though but Molly is hoping that yesterday was just an off day for me.
 
In order to help read the signals that I need a poo Molly & her dad cleaned the hard floors. My needing a poo signal is sniffing the floor but I'd also been sniffing the floor because it smelled of the carrots I'd been eating & other food so it hadn't been clear to the humans here (although it's clear to me!) which sniffing was which. Molly is still a bit paranoid though after yesterday's accidents so keeps taking me outside when I sniff the floor because I've found an interesting scent. I don't mind though, I like playing out there.

Yesterday evening Molly decided to walk round the block with me (being carried of course) in the hope that all the new sights & smells would help tire me out for bed. Just a few minutes into the walk I got really really wriggly & we had to turn around & return home because Molly feared I'd jump out of her arms. She couldn't work out why until we got home & I promptly did a poo in the garden. Clearly I was just trying to get down on the floor to do a poo - I wasn't going to do it while I was snuggled in Molly's arms!

After our short walk & a play in the garden I quickly settled down for bed & fell asleep at about 10pm last night. Molly & her mum could then relax & watch some TV together before they went to bed.

This morning I woke up at 5.45am to use the toilet but then decided I wanted to play so made Molly stay up & play with me. I don't have much stamina due to being so young so tend to be up for an hour or so, then sleep for a bit, and do this continuously throughout the day. After Molly typed that I tried to prove her wrong & managed to stay up for just over 2 hours with only a couple of minutes dozing! She was waiting for me to fall asleep so she could do a few things on the computer including adding photos to & publishing this blog post.

I've been quite good at playing with my toys independently this morning although I do like sitting on or next to Molly's feet while I play with/chew them. One thing we disagree on though is whether jeans (that people are wearing) are chew toys or not.

Here are a couple of photos of me helping Molly do the weekly online Tesco order last night :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Did you manage to sneak some puppy treats into the online Tesco basket, Toto?

    Rosie B
    Xx

    ReplyDelete