Saturday 27 December 2014

Rain & being clever

Yesterday was Boxing Day & it was a much quieter day here. Molly & her dad spent a couple of hours playing a game they called Monopoly & Molly's mum wasn't very well so I had to try to entertain myself for a while. I wasn't very good at that.

I had two walks round the block but seem to have forgotten the command "sit". Or perhaps I was just ignoring Molly, hehe. We're starting puppy training classes in less than 2 weeks so Molly is hoping they'll be helpful. On the second of yesterday's walks both Molly & her dad had to take me out because it was raining so I didn't want to go. They had to tempt me along until I got distracted enough to forget about the rain.

Molly thinks yesterday might have been the first time I'd experienced heavy rain - at least since I came home 4 weeks ago. And maybe if I had experienced it before then I might have forgotten what it was like. I wasn't happy going out in the garden to go to the toilet yesterday so on a couple of occasions I decided that rather than going to the back door to signal that I needed the toilet (& risk getting put outside in the rain!) I just went to the toilet on the carpet instead. They weren't very happy when I did that!

And when it was time for me to go outside for my last wee before bed I acted really pathetic. I tried to hide underneath Molly's coat, climb up her legs (my way of signalling that I want picking up), run back into the passage & when none of those methods kept me dry I just stood there & squeaked at Molly in the hope that she'd let me back inside. She didn't until I'd done a wee though. The photo below was taken after Molly had attempted to dry me but I was still quite wet.


Luckily when we got up this morning it had stopped raining so I've been happily going outside to the toilet again. It started raining again this eve but last time I needed to go out for a wee Molly successfully distracted me from the rain in the garden so I could get on & do one. I'm spending more time just confined to the uncarpeted floors though for the moment, just in case. I got bored this morning at just being stuck in one area (although Molly says I was just being silly because I had her attention & all my toys to play with) so started digging up/chewing a broken bit of the tiled floor again.

This morning Molly took me out to visit a couple of places. First we went to the vets. I like it there because I receive lots of fuss from the staff & owners. The vet even gave me some treats to tempt me to stay still to be weighed (she said I wasn't too heavy) & for my flea treatment. And I surprised Molly by willingly eating my worming tablet. Molly was a bit embarrassed by my barking at the other dogs though - I just wanted to play with them! Before we left Molly bought me a smaller light to clip onto my collar because my original one was too big & heavy for me. This one is much better & doesn't bother me at all when it's on.

After that we visited a couple of pet shops where Molly bought me a new toy (a frisbee from a brand that seem to hold up to my chewing) & a new lead! The clip on my old lead was too small to clip onto my harness easily so this new one should be better. The lead is much nicer too & it worked well when we tried it out this eve.

Molly spoke to the groomers in one of the pet shops while we were there but she said they weren't very helpful & didn't seem to know what they were talking about so she's now planning to take me elsewhere when I'm bigger. She's not sure where yet though.

When we got home I was too tired to eat any lunch & went straight to sleep! This afternoon I've done a bit of playing in the garden & lots of sleeping. We also had another walk in the rain this eve (just round the block) with Molly's mum & they both said I walked really well & they were impressed I didn't bark at the people who went past. Molly also played tug of war with me with the special rope that she only gets out when we're playing together.

Talking of getting toys out - my spare toys all live in a box on a shelf in a cupboard. This morning I discovered that if I stand up when Molly is getting something from the cupboard I can help myself to toys from my box!

I have also just learnt to climb on top of & over a small stool that Molly often sits on (so she doesn't have to sit on the floor) when she's playing with me in the kitchen or hall. The stool originally sat next to the divider that goes across the hall to keep me off the carpet when necessary but Molly moved it because she said it wouldn't be long til I climbed onto the stall & then over it.

Molly says I'm very clever, perhaps too clever for my own good. This morning I stole the remote control & turned the TV on while I was chewing it!

Here are some photos which will hopefully make you smile :)

 Don't I look cute posing for the camera?!

Just a few seconds later I had to investigate what Molly was pointing at me

 Exhausted

No comments:

Post a Comment