Wednesday 24 December 2014

The run up to Christmas

Yesterday afternoon I had a good long sleep while Molly did some more sorting out, including all my paperwork, vet information etc. Then I helped Molly with some present deliveries around the village. If I'd have gone with her to all of them it would have been too much walking because they were a bit spread out so I just helped her with the first. During that little walk I went under the main A road for the first time via the subway. I wanted picking up the first time we went through it, although Molly isn't sure if that was due to me being tired or worried, but was fine coming back. After that Molly dropped me off at home & her mum kept an eye on me while Molly did some more errands. That evening she babysat so her parents looked after me. I enjoyed helping her dad wrap a big Christmas present & then had fun when Molly's dad & brother made a tunnel for me out of cushions & I chased my skunk toy through it. Molly thinks I know the word 'skunk' now & understand which toy it is!

This morning I caused lots of mischief when I got up. Within the first 45mins I'd already stolen 3 shoes & run off round the house with them, brought a stick in from the garden & eluded Molly with it, ran outside to greet the postman (who always fusses me), tried to eat the sofa cushions & got a 'time out' for continually biting Molly's jeans! I was just so excited! I also found a cuddly toy bear that no-one else was using so I claimed it as my own. Molly is keeping a close eye on me when I play with it & said she'll have to take it away if the stuffing starts coming out.




Molly & her dad trimmed my nails this morning because I kept scratching them by accident. I wasn't keen (I'm not scared, I just wanted to play) so they had to bribe me with treats. Have I told you that I'll do anything for food?! They successfully trimmed my nails while I consumed about a week's worth of treats, yum yum!

Molly then left me for a short period (while I slept) to go to the pet shop. She decided not to buy me presents for tomorrow because I've already got enough stuff & she doesn't think I understand the concept of Christmas. But she wanted to get me a few things to keep me occupied tomorrow. So I've got a pig's ear (which I only have on special occassions) & some chews which she's saving for when I start causing mischief tomorrow. I've also got some new treats to try & a harness which doesn't go over my head. Molly hopes it'll be easier to put on me because I like to try to bite the current one as it goes over my head. When Molly came home her mum showed her this photo that she'd taken of me in a funny position asleep in my crate.


Then Molly took me for a walk round the block but a new route this time. We met two dogs on the way but they didn't want to play with me. When we got home Molly noticed that I'd got a piece of one of my treats really well stuck in my beard (which you can probably see in the photo above) & it just wouldn't come out. So she had to cut it out! You can't tell though - luckily!

This afternoon Molly's older brother Chris came over because today was his birthday. His girlfriend Amy, her daughter Kiara & their dog Mia came too. So that was very exciting! Chris opened his presents, they had a spread & cake for lunch & I had fun annoying Mia (who wasn't very keen to play with me) & playing with Kiara.




As they were leaving some family friends called in briefly & Molly has arranged to take me for a walk with their dog at the weekend so I'm looking forward to that. I hope she'll play with me.

Then I gave Molly's family some early Christmas presents to thank them for accepting me as part of their family & putting up with me causing mischief. I think they liked them.

This evening me & Molly went for a walk to deliver a Christmas card to someone in the village. Molly insisted on picking me up & carrying me for part of it though because she said I'd done too much walking. I wore my new harness which Molly said looks very smart. She'll try to take a photo of me modelling it with better lighting another day. I still needed bribing with treats to put it on but Molly thinks it'll get easier once I'm used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment