Friday 16 January 2015

A calmer day

Despite having some mad moments I've mostly been quite calm & sleepy today. Molly thinks last night's puppy class wore me out.




I've had lots of cuddles :)






Molly weighed me this morning (as she tries to do weekly) & I'm now 5.2kg! She thinks I'm probably going to be a bit bigger than the average miniaute schnauzer when I'm fully grown. I'm not fat though, despite liking my food. Talking of food - today Molly ordered me a sample pack of a new food to try because she doesn't think my current one is particularly good for me. I'll eat anything but I trust her judgement.

One of my favourite people at the moment is our postman because he always gives me lots of fuss & today was no exception. After that Molly took me out for an early morning walk. I did lots of barking at a jogger because I wanted to play with them & we met a dustbin lorry too! I was a bit unsure about that but Molly gave me food as we passed it so I'll associate them with good things. I like that plan! When we got home I tried to play with the chickens by doing lots of barking & running at their fence. Two of them are scared of me & run away but the other runs at me which just encourages me! I often watch them out of the window when I'm inside.


This morning Molly also brushed me but just a few minutes later I looked scruffy again, hehe.

Two new people came to our house this morning to interview Molly & take her photo for a newspaper article. They both loved dogs so made lots of fuss of me & even wanted to take me home. I might be in a photo with Molly accompanying the article!

This afternoon we drove Molly's mum to work & then walked home. Molly didn't particularly enjoy the walk because I pulled the whole way, barked at everyone we saw & more. When we got home Molly needed to relax for a bit so she went upstairs while I rested in my crate. She said I was really good.

While Molly & her family eat tea in the evening I'm always shut in a puppy proof part of the house so I can't get into mischief or beg for food. I usually make a fuss to start with but then calm down. While I was in that area today I dropped my toy mouse over the hall divider so I couldn't get to it. I amused everyone with my growling at it. It was eventually rescued when they'd finished their tea. After tea Molly went to help her mum out at work for a little while so left me with her dad & brother. I just slept while she was out but was very happy to see her when she returned. Now it's nearly my bed time.

1 comment:

  1. You'll soon catch up with Dotty! She only weighs 6.4kg! (nearer 5 and a half when at regular agility classes)

    ReplyDelete