Saturday 3 January 2015

Grooming Molly & a bus trip

Apologies if this update doesn't sound as eloquent as they usually do, Molly hasn't been feeling very well. That's also why we didn't manage to publish it yesterday & why there's a lack of photos this time, sorry.

Nothing significant worth writing about happened on Wednesday evening after my last update.

Yesterday morning I got very excited when the postman knocked at the door. Molly says we really have to work on my barking (due to excitement) because I accidentally woke the rest of the household up, oops! I just wanted to play but Molly had to keep me behind the hall divider so I didn't run out of the door in my excitement. Talking of barking - Molly is constantly surprised by the range of sounds I make. My usual barking is more of a yap but yesterday I actually made some 'woof' noises for the first time. I can also growl, squeak, whine & snuffle & I'm sure there are other noises too but I can't think of any more examples now.

When Molly sat down in an armchair with me on her lap I climbed up onto her head & groomed her. I cleaned her glasses & washed her face & ears with my tongue. And she's not entirely sure what I was doing to her hair! I don't know why she'd bothered trying to do it herself because I can clearly do it better! Here are some photos we hope will make you smile.





I also did a similar thing that evening when Molly lay down on the floor with me but we didn't get any photos that time. I did cheer Molly up though when she wasn't feeling very well.

Yesterday morning Molly & her dad took me into a local town for a little wander round. We didn't go in the car though like we usually do, instead we went on something they called a 'bus'! It was very exciting & apart from a bit of barking as some people got on & off, I was very well behaved & after looking out of the window & around the bus for a bit I slept for the majority of both journeys.

In the afternoon I had fun helping Molly's dad dig up carrots in the garden & clean out the chickens. This gave Molly chance to go back to bed for a bit. Her dad also took me out for my second walk that evening because Molly wasn't feeling up to it.

Yesterday I tried a pea for the first time! I liked it but it was a bit of a challenge to eat - Molly didn't realise that it was frozen until her brother had already given it to me! I also had fun earning lots of my usual food as rewards for training with Molly. I don't always get food now when I sit on command - sometimes I get rewards like being able to go outside or through a stairgate or getting one of my toys. I'm getting very good at it now unless I'm really excited or hungry. I even sat when Molly was telling her Dad about the progress I was making - I heard her say 'sit' so I did it!

This morning it's been raining so I was very reluctant to go to the toilet outside. But Molly was very patient & stood out in the rain with me & eventually I did. Molly is worried that I might not let her know next time I need a wee because I know it's wet outside & won't want to go out in it.

Molly has been looking into taking me on holiday somewhere this summer but everything seems too expensive so she thinks we'll probably just do some day trips or perhaps one night stays away. It all sounds very exciting to me!

Finally, here are a couple more photos that Molly took of me yesterday morning.



P.S. I'm 3 months old today!

No comments:

Post a Comment