Thursday 8 January 2015

Puppy class - week 1

Most of today was relatively uneventful. I had a walk with Molly, we did our normal basic training, I helped out around the house while members of the family did various odd jobs... Kate & little Libby came round so I enjoyed playing with them. I did worry Libby a bit though when I tried to chase her feet & barked at her, she didn't realise that I just wanted to play. She gave me some treats & Molly showed her & Kate how well I can sit on command. Kate even said I was "brilliant"!

This evening we went to our first (of 6) puppy classes! It was so exciting! There were lots of dogs & people for me to meet. I was quite excited & barked a bit but Molly said she was impressed at how well I behaved & how much attention I paid her (even though there were so many distractions around), but that was mainly because she had treats! We had to listen to the trainers talk for a bit (which is when I was barking & trying to explore) but when we moved onto the practical exercises I got lots of food! Molly showed them how well I could "sit" on command & one of the trainers chose me to demonstrate "down" because I'm starting to get the hang of that too. Both the trainers liked me - one said lots of positive things about me & the other gave me food! As well as "sit", "down" & "stand" which we'd already been working on at home, I had to try walking to heel. I  got a bit distracted by the other dogs & their treats but Molly said I did very well for the first time. We left with a homework sheet so can do some more practise before next week. Molly's dad came too & really enjoyed it.

Apologies for these poor photos, Molly forgot her camera & didn't get much of a chance to try to take photos of me on her camera. We'll try to do better next week. The second one is of me vaccuuming the floor at the end of the class!



No comments:

Post a Comment