Thursday 29 January 2015

A nice day with Molly

Yesterday I woke Molly up early again but it was just a little bit earlier than usual. She's not sure if this is because a new chew I had the previous day made me thirsty (hence I might have drunk more & then needed a wee sooner), whether it's because I only had one walk that day (so didn't need as much sleep overnight) or for some other reason. I did have a nice doze on Molly though quite soon after getting up, which you can see from the last photo on my previous post. Molly then went back to bed for a little while once her mum was up to keep an eye on me, so she had more energy after that & we had a nice day doing lots of things together.

Molly groomed me & then took the photo below but you can't tell I'd just been brushed as I always look scruffy!

I did a few good training sessions with Molly (including starting trying to hold the basic positions for a bit longer), we played tug of war & had a couple of walks together. On our morning walk Molly had some success distracting me from barking at people with food. On our evening walk we didn't meet anyone else but I did lots of pulling on my lead so we made slow progress. I was very grabby with treats on yesterdays walks so poor Molly has some battle scars, oops!

Yesterday I also had a couple of good sessions in my crate but when Molly put me in there this morning so she could have a shower I did lots of whining.

I continued to try to chew the armchair yesterday so Molly's dad decided to put a small amount of mustard on it to deter me. But we then discovered that I like mustard! Molly's dad then tried Tabasco sauce which detered me for a short while but this morning I've shown a bit of interest in the armchair again so Molly is waiting to see what happens next. I also started trying to chew the subwoofer (I think that's what Molly's brother said it was called) yesterday so that's been blocked off with a stool to stop me getting to it.

I've been stealing gloves etc that Molly's mum has knitted & running off with them. I know "leave it" but sometimes I don't think it's worth giving exciting things up. Molly is going to try giving me food every time I "leave it" to see if that makes it more successful because at the moment if she doesn't have a treat to hand she just praises &/or plays with me.

Yesterday evening Molly & her family watched a programme called QI on the TV. I barked every time one of the buzzers went off! Molly is going to start trying to teach me the "quiet" command today so we'll see how that goes.

Don't I look long in this photo?!


I didn't wake til after Molly this morning. Apparently we might get some sleet &/or snow later today which sounds exciting! I'll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment